Thursday, November 8, 2012

megaman

If you couldn't tell, I love megaman. It is one of my favorite game series. I always wonder why I love it so much. Why am I willing to play megaman 1-10 when they are the exact same game. The mechanics haven't changed much. The graphics haven't changed. Some bosses feel like they just have a new skin. Why am I playing the same game over and over?

The mechanics of megaman are brilliant. To me, it is just fun. Jumping, shooting, dodging, and sliding all to kill the boss at the end and unlock a new ability. I love when you first try a new level, you have to react to everything. You're first attempt is all about your raw skill. If you're like me, you'll fail a few times before completing the level. Which means, you are going to have to play through the level again. On these subsequent play through the game is more about memory. I love shooting at where I know an enemy is going to be before it appears on screen. This is an important aspect of the series, the game lets me challenge myself. The challenge of games makes them fun. With megaman, if it gets too easy, I can challenge myself by only using the regular buster shot on a boss opposed to using that boss' weakness. The main point I am making is that the game mechanics in megaman are fun. I would play and pay for a new megaman because the game is fun.

I almost forgot! The music!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment