Friday, November 2, 2012

Editor

This weekend I will be spending some time working on our level editor. Scott has made an incredible editor already but there are still a few features we need to add. One of my  favorite features that has already been implemented is the ability to play the level straight from the editor. I continue to be impresses with Scott's work. Scott built most of the current engine. He has a really simple design that I should explain briefly.

Basically there is a stage. The stage has actors on it. Actors have several properties. For example a physics object or an agent. There is obvious a lot more to the engine then this but this is just a basic overview.

I am working on editing the actor's agents. We want to be able to add agents, remove agents, and edit the actor's current agents. I haven't spend a lot of time studying the editor, so that is where I am going to spend a few hours before I code anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment