Monday, December 3, 2012

Combat!

A few days ago I got our small enemies to actually do damage to our main character! Wait! I'm not as cool as that sounds. I didn't write the artificial intelligence. I just wrote the part when the enemy attacks. Literally just made a function and called it when the AI is supposed to attack. Why am I so happy about this? Because the game is actually playable now. We can kill enemies and they can kill us! It is a game!

We have our alpha deadline coming up this Thursday. There are still a few things that we as a team need to finish implementing. I for one would like to clean up the control scheme so it doesn't interfere with our current attacking system.

Once we get to alpha, we'll still have a long ways to go to completion but it will be a great spot to see how far we've come since the prototype. I foresee a lot of play testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment